The CIC North West Region creates a valuable platform for member organisations to share their current themes and priorities and facilitates the opportunity for joint initiatives. It aims to establish a network of organisations to consider issues relevant to the region and to promote public awareness of the construction industry.
Aims & Objectives
Working with key stakeholders to provide the leadership for more relevant training and education for the future that serves the needs of society. The objectives will be developed in partnership and outcomes will be determined through universities, industry and professional bodies working collaboratively to achieve this by:
- Improving built environment recruitment and retention to promote the industry and make the professions more attractive (throughout the whole educational supply chain). Growing diversity within the disciplines will also involve engaging with prospective or current students.
- Encouraging initiatives to address employability and employee learning outcomes through strengthening relationship between industry, professional bodies and educational programmes (e.g. employer mentoring of students, work experience, staff exchange, site visits, guest lectures, providing resources to inform the curriculum).
- Providing a coherent point of reference to signpost useful and relevant materials and cross-disciplinary events to increase effectiveness of communication channels and mutual understanding (via an information, advice and guidance hub for BE).
- Promoting and facilitating the Regional BIM Hub and increase cross disciplinary understanding of future skills within the region.
- Welcome and work with existing developments and initiatives to inform, understand and make recommendations for future developments.
For more information please contact the Chair, Aled Williams on: A.W.Williams@salford.ac.uk