The BIM 2050 Group
The BIM2050 Group was set up in September 2012 and is chaired by David Philp, Head of BIM Implementation, Cabinet Office.
The group consists of a collection of 18 industry leading young professionals representing most corners of the industry, from architects, engineers and contractors, to legal professionals and surveyors, representing their respective professional institutions.
- To improve image and efficiency of the construction industry.
- Promote shared knowledge and be an active forum for like minded industry professionals to collaborate.
- Develop and review strategic scenarios for the future of the construction industry
- Offer unique perspectives and critical thought leadership to challenge the construction industry.
- Disseminate information to help positively shape the future of the construction industry
- To take a wide view of the industry and research what an interdisciplinary scope of work may look like as technology develops.
The Group aims to develop a culture which enables a digitally integrated approach to positively impact our built environment going forward. To this end they will initially focus on three main areas that they have identified as key priorities:
- Education & Skills - to focus on both formal and vocational education whilst highlighting the skills needed for a life long career in the built environment
- Culture of Integration - to promote beliefs, values and behaviours in construction Industry stakeholders (both individuals and organisations) which facilitate trust and information sharing
- Technology & Process - to liberate the benefits that technology can bring to our built environment. We are happiest at our most productive and enabling our processes to be agile will deliver improved outcomes.
The scope of this group is to not only focus inwards within the construction industry, it is also encouraged to reach out to other sectors and industries to integrate any parallels they find.
For information about the BIM 2050 Group contact David Philp - firstname.lastname@example.org